Republicans and their private industry masters are on the attack in the US Congress, in the courts, in the media, and in states across the country. They are enacting “emergency powers”, gutting state treasuries,
Apocalypse, By Jiří Melantrich z Aventina (Wikimedia)
smashing unions, firing teachers, slashing education, rewriting textbooks, and privatizing government functions. They are flaunting sunshine laws, state constitutions, and legislative rules. They are preparing to impose “financial martial law”, to seize power from local governments, enacting rules to inhibit poor and minority voting, and rigging voting machines. They are demonizing LGBT’s and intruding into womens’ wombs.
New Republican governors are slashing corporate taxes, giving away state assets, and granting no-bid sweetheart contracts to cronies, family members, and even to their own personal companies. They are giving away the store and putting the foxes in charge of the hen-house.
In the nation’s capitol, House Republicans are willing to shut down the government unless they get their way on blocking EPA’s ability to address global warming and mountain top mining removal. The Obama White House seems ready to go along, as it is going along with new nuclear plant licenses and subsidies, uranium mining in the Grand Canyon, and a frenzied new deep-water and wilderness drilling spree without any real new safeguards. They are deregulating everything from mass media to mining, invading privacy, and waging war on the poor. They are attacking the middle class, jobs, wages, education, science, history, public infrastructure, public broadcasting, gender parity, health care, pensions, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment compensation, Food Stamps, and Social Security. They are trying to utterly destroy civil society and democracy itself. It is a full-on counter-revolution:
Tax cuts & corporate welfare = artificial budget crises = “emergency” laws & powers = mass privatization of public property and services
From one end of the country to the other they are bragging, gloating, slapping each other on the back. They are sharpening their knives. And they are crowing like roosters, tossing their heads and stamping their hooves like bulls, squealing like pigs, and strutting around like royal peacocks. And they obviously think they are just getting started. We ain’t seen nothin’ yet. The real shock and awe has yet to begin…
The Uber-Liber-Republican Blitzkrieg.
Will they succeed? How far can they go? The big question everyone is asking is…
Are they over-reaching?
Can we push them back? Maybe even smack them down?
No one can answer that yet, and a lot depends on us. But things are pretty crazy. To make it worse, the same thing seems to be happening all around the world at the same time.
What if this were Apocalypse — now? (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; “lifting of the veil” or “revelation”) An apocalypse is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception. (Wikipedia/Apocalypse)
What I mean is, what if the gloves are off, the masks are off, and the uber-rich are beginning their final campaign for the total subjugation of humanity? What if we ain’t seen nothin’ yet? What if we are hearing the first bugle call of …
the attack without mercy?
From a transcript of Little Big Man, a 1970 film directed by Arthur Penn
General Custer: I see no hostiles behind us. Do you see any?
Major: No, sir, not at the moment.
General Custer: Then…stop trying to cause a reversal of a Custer decision.
Major: But, sir, wouldn’t it be best to send a squad down Medicine Tail Coulee?
General Custer: No, it wouldn’t.
Major: – May I ask, sir, why it wouldn’t?
General Custer: Because it would cost us the vital element of surprise.
Major: Surprise? They know we’re here.
General Custer: But they don’t know that I intend to attack them without mercy.
Major: – That’s no surprise.
General Custer: Of course it is. Nothing in this world is more surprising than the attack without mercy!
I’m not going all religious and mystical here. I don’t believe in a holy war to determine the fate of the earth. But I think the ultra-rich may. WHAT IF THEY DO? Aren’t they really a bunch of sick psychopaths who think they have a right to rule the world, and don’t they believe in manifest destiny and crazy shit like that? Have we been paying attention to history?
Lets not make the same mistake that indigenous people all over the world have made by thinking the great spirit is on our side or that our enemy has any limits. Maybe we had better start getting all the tribes together and getting our war paint on–for real.
Because if we prepare for the worst and it doesn’t happen what have we lost? But if we expect something less than the worst possible scenario and we underestimate the intentions, the insanity, and the power of the enemy– we may end up toast.
We know we are under attack. We see it coming. But we may not see into the hearts and minds of the devils that are attacking us. I’m not talking about the Republicans or even the Wall street CEOs–I’m talking about their masters. People we’ve probably never heard of, people who have never filed a tax return, people who are probably laid up in private, fortified hospitals on exotic life support systems, ruling the world through giant law firms and PR companies.
Sure, we know we’re under attack. But what if we’ve never seen an attack quite like this before?
What if we are the simple natives in this scenario and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Conquest, War, Famine and Death) are riding up out of hell at full gallop, about to charge into the midst of our teepees, like they did at the Battle of Washita River (also called the Washita Massacre of 1868), when Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer’s 7th U.S. Cavalry attacked Black Kettle’s Southern Cheyenne camp?
If you want a little taste of what that might be like, click the image below and then click the new image again to get the maximum enlargement.
…What if nothing in this world really is more surprising than the attack without mercy?
- The Story of the Battle of the Washita (cowboytoursofokla.com) “Custer ordered the slaughter of the Indian pony and mule herd estimated at more than 800 animals. The lodges of Black Kettle’s people, with all their winter supply of food and clothing, were torched. Realizing now that many more Indians were threatening from the east, Custer feigned an attack toward their downriver camps, then quickly retreated to Camp Supply with his hostages.The engagement at the Washita might have ended very differently if the larger encampments to the east had been closer to Black Kettle’s camp. [emphasis added] As it happened, the impact of losing winter supplies, plus the knowledge that cold weather no longer provided protection from attack, convinced many bands to accept reservation life.”
- If We Don’t Act ‘The Game Really Is Over’ (Elizabeth Warren On The Daily Show)
- To The American Media: Time To Face The Reality Of Election Rigging By Jonathan Simon (opednews.com)
- Egyptian workers face US-backed counter-revolution (OpEdNews)
- Wisconsin’s most dangerous professor, Why are Republicans desperate to see Bill Cronon’s emails? “…as part of his effort to understand the historical roots of the nationally coordinated state-level legislative attack on unions, Cronon focused his spotlight on a relatively under-the-radar group called the American Legislative Exchange Council.” “The most important group, I’m pretty sure, is the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), which was founded in 1973 by Henry Hyde, Lou Barnett, and (surprise, surprise) Paul Weyrich. Its goal for the past forty years has been to draft “model bills” that conservative legislators can introduce in the 50 states. Its website claims that in each legislative cycle, its members introduce 1000 pieces of legislation based on its work, and claims that roughly 18 percent of these bills are enacted into law. (Among them was the controversial 2010 anti-immigrant law in Arizona.)” “Cronon surmises that his efforts to highlight the role of ALEC precipitated the Republican open records response.”
- Who’s Really Behind Recent Republican Legislation in Wisconsin and Elsewhere? (williamcronon.net)
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) (sourcewatch.org)
SUPREME COURT — The Chamber’s Genie
(pr.thinkprogress.org) “Ever since Chief Justice Roberts joined the Supreme Court, corporate America has treated his Court as its personal genie, and Roberts has been eager to grant even many of their most outlandish wishes. … As one of the Chamber’s top Supreme Court litigators bragged, “except for the solicitor general representing the United States, no single entity has more influence on what cases the Supreme Court decides and how it decides them than the National Chamber Litigation Center…. This week, corporate America made three especially large wishes to the justices, and the Court’s conservatives once again appear eager to grant them: ELECTIONS FOR SALE: Citizens United is merely one part of a much larger campaign to cement big money’s control over American elections …SLAMMING COURTHOUSE DOORS: Many of the Court’s most corporate-friendly decisions create complicated and arcane procedural barriers to Americans seeking justice….IMMUNITY TO THE LAW: There’s nothing corporate America loves more than actual immunity from the law. Past Supreme Court decisions gave sweeping legal immunity to medical device manufacturers and health insurers, and even gave the thumbs up to a biased system of corporate-owned courts that overwhelmingly rule against consumers and employees.”
Japan says battle to save nuclear reactors has failed
, Thursday 31 March 2011. “Japanese officials have conceded that the battle to salvage four crippled reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant has been lost. The plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power [Tepco], said the reactors would be scrapped, and warned that the operation to contain the nuclear crisis, now well into its third week, could last months. Tepco’s announcement came as new readings showed a dramatic increase in radioactive contamination in the sea near the atomic complex. Tens of thousands of people living near the plants have been evacuated or ordered to stay indoors, while the plant has leaked radioactive materials in to the sea, soil and air.” [NOTE: This disaster, involving tons of plutonium (a single pound of which, if evenly distributed, could wipe out all life on earth) and a cocktail of other radioactive elements, may threaten many millions of people (if not all of us) for hundreds, thousands, or even millions of years to come. ~PR]